Beyond writing for children and adults, I produce and programme literary festivals and events celebrating and centring narratives of women, children and young people, black writers and artists, African and diaspora literature, and wellness + pleasure activism.
I curate and facilitate workshops that disseminate knowledge and exchange ideas on developments within African literature and culture, wellness and well-being, and creative writing for schools and general public across Africa and in the UK.
I work with organisations and institutions to create programmes that are accessible and open to all, and mindful of producing content representative of the immediate community affected by the project’s subject matter and focus.
- Project Manager for SHaME (Sexual Harm and Medical Encounters), Jan – Apr 2020, The WOW Foundation. www.thewowfoundation.com & www.shame.bbk.ac.uk
- Creative Producer for ‘Toni Morrison: A Celebration‘ at WOW – Women of the World Festival 2020, Jan – Mar 2020, Queen Elizabeth Hall at the Southbank Centre. www.southbankcentre.co.uk
- Producer for SPINE Festival 2020, 2020 – Present, various libraries across 17 London boroughs. www.applesandsnakes.org
- Producer for Africa Writes festival, 2017 – Present, the British Library. Started as assistant producer in 2017 and became lead producer in 2019. Programmes for 2017, 2018 and 2019. www.africawrites.org
- Producer for Tottenham Literature Festival, 2019 – Present, Bernie Grant Arts Centre. Programme for 2019. www.berniegrantcentre.co.uk
- Web Content Editor, 2017 – 2018, the Caine Prize for African Writing. www.caineprize.com
- Co-founder of Afrikult., 2014 – 2019, various locations across the UK and Africa. Programmed cultural and literary event series. Curated and facilitated literature and creative writing workshops for schools and adults. www.afrikult.com